Thursday 31 July 2008

Guest Post- Emily Does London


What an experience! I got to spend an entire month living in London! From day trips to Paris to a two week cooking course I felt like a true local by hopping on the tube, going to tea, and saying trousers as opposed to pants. However, I sadly am not leaving with an english accent though, which was the intended plan... A month sounds like a long time but it flew by and I am left feeling as if I need another month here to see it all. The trip started with my mom and dad also being here so we got to have some fun family sight seeing day trips and then it took a turn to where Anna and I went to Leiths, a local cooking school, and got to learn how to scramble eggs (yes apparently they went for the very basic approach) to how to filet fish, gut and dehead prawns, and prepare various types of meat. Anna being the squeamish type and me being the non-meat eater were probably quite funny to watch while we attempted to do these deeds... We pretty much closed are eyes and cut (I do not recommend this). I then got one week to just hang out around London which was great! I got to do some great window shopping, the exchange rate made sure of that and see some more historical and beautiful sights. I can not believe it has come to and end but I do miss America and am ready for some mexican food but London will be missed! Thank you Anna and NIls for everything!!



No comments: