Saturday 5 July 2008

Guest Post- B Schuck's visit


London has great weather!! London has great food!! Well, that’s what I took away from my visit, anyway. I (Brady) visited Anna and Nils Friday, June 13th to Monday June 16th (without my pregnant wife; sorry honey, you missed out on an incredible 4 day vacation). The journey was highlighted by mild, beautifully sunny, cheery weather augmented by delicious local fare and fine cuisine. Highlights of the trip included:

·Riding the Tube (I’m a HUGE subway fan);

·Touring the Tower of London;

·Visiting local pubs to eat the finest local fare around; Fish & Chips and “Mushy Peas” (a British pub staple apparently; consists of over-cooked peas mashed together into a green, paste-like mixture….mmmmmmm, scrumptious!);

·Touring a couple more local pubs with Nils watching the European Championships soccer tournament;

·Walking through Kensington, Hyde Park, visiting Harrod’s (twice) and Chelsea;

·Having a trendy dinner in Piccadilly Circus with my friend Josh Langdon; and

·Visiting the British Museum.

Of all the things we visited, I liked the pubs, soccer fans, the London “Mews” homes (visit and you’ll know what I’m talking about), and South Kensington/Chelsea. Thanks for hosting me and showing me around. I’ll be back soon and this time, I’m bringing my better half. Till we meet again…..Viva La England!!