Friday 11 January 2008

Pastry School



It's official, I finally started pastry school! And... I love it!!! It is very hard work and definitely not glamorous, but the end product makes it worth it! It has only been two days, but I have already learned so much! Here is a picture of my first project- it is puff pastry with poached pears and almond creme.


Close up- notice my fanned poached pears. :)

I have met incredible people from all over the world. This is such an amazing experience and I am so thankful for it!! Today as I was walking home, I finally felt that I was a part of London!

**In the future, I will post my creations on Anna's Patisserie Adventure (see link on the side bar). I wish I could send all of you at home some of the pastries I am making!

6 comments:

The Modeer Family said...

You look soo cute! I miss you! The pastry looks so beautiful, Anna! Yum!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful creative pastry!!!! Impressive!!!!Love, Mom and Ken

Anonymous said...

Anna, Whooaa - that's a nice looking pastry! Sounds scrumptious too!
Do you export?
Love, Ken

Sarah said...

I love your outfit - but where is your puffy white hat? :) The pastry looks so perfect & yummy! I bet Nils is excited to try all of your treats!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna,
It was so good to talk to you today. We missed you at Lettus. I have some Hillcrest news, but I won't post it on the blog. I'm tacky, but not that tacky. Miss you and that pastry looks professional! Love, Sara Jane

UK Purcells said...

Looks as yummy as it tasted! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. You will be the best pastry chef ever :) Just don't miss any more classes - haha!